17 Girls from Devichowk SC/ST Hostel were Hospitalized for food poisoning

At least 17 girls have been hospitalized for suspected food poisoning after eating contaminated food lodged at a government-run SC/ST hostel in Devichowk area of the city.

Police said that all the 17 girls studying in Class X, after they began vomiting, complained of loose motions and giddiness post dinner were rushed to the Government General hospital for treatment last night.

Rajahmundry Municipal Corporation Chairman Rajani Sesha Sai soon after the incident visited the hospital to check on the victims. He also directed health officials to take all measures for their speedy recovery.

The condition of the girls is stable now according to the hospital sources. Investigations are on as the Police have collected food samples from the hostel in Devichowk area.
Rate this post