Rajahmundry: Woman burnt alive due to gas leak

According to Tallapudi police, Chikkala Somalamma, 40, from Gajjaram village was preparing food on a gas stove while her other family members had gone out. (Representational Image)

 According to Tallapudi police, Chikkala Somalamma, 40, from Gajjaram village was preparing food on a gas stove while her other family members had gone out. (Representational Image)

Rajahmundry: A woman was burnt to death when her tiled house caught fire due to leakage of a domestic gas refill at Gajjaram village of Tallapudi mandal in West Godavari on Monday.

According to Tallapudi police, Chikkala Somalamma, 40, from Gajjaram village was preparing food on a gas stove while her other family members had gone out. There was a leakage of gas from the refill that caught fire which quickly spread all over the house. The woman was caught in the fire with no one to come to her rescue and was burnt to death. The house was gutted.

Police booked a case and took up investigation.

...

Let's block ads! (Why?)