Girl dies, 31 others hospitalized due to hotel tiffin contamination

Kakinada, March 7(UNI) A teen-aged girl died and 31 others hospitalized due to consuming of contaminated tiffin at a hotel in Ramavaram village of Jaggampet mandal, 45 kms from here on Wednesday.

It is stated that all of them developed vomittings and loosening of bowels after eating of Mysore Bajji with Chutni reportedly contaminated early in the morning.

Eleven of them were admitted in community health center at Jaggampet, five of them were rushed to government general hospital and two others to a private hospital here.

The girl succumbed at the government general hospital here was identified as Nalla Veera Venkata Durga alias Pandu (16) of Ramavaram village while the condition of the other four people is stated to be critical.

District Collector Kartikeya Mishra who is camping at Rajahmundry has sharply reacted to the food poisoning incident and ordered the Food Controller and Revenue and Municipal officials to conduct surprise checks on the hotels all over the district and take stern action against the hoteliers if hygiene is not observed in preparation of the eatables.</span>

Let's block ads! (Why?)