Injured in cylinder blast

An employee of Irrigation Department suffered burns in LPG cylinder blast at his residence in Dowleswaram on Thursday.

According to police, the incident took place on the third floor of the building in Choppelavari street behind police station. When Sheik Alimuddin (45) tried to light the gas stove, suddenly gas leaked from cylinder refill and flames engulfed the kitchen.

Mr. Alimuddin suffered injuries and was shifted to Rajamahendravaram government hospital immediately.

Furniture and utensils in the house were gutted and one of the four walls developed cracks due to the impact of the blast. Fire tenders from Dowleswaram reached the spot and put out flames.

Let's block ads! (Why?)