Andhra Pradesh Tourism working on six marquee projects

Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Tourism Department is currently working on six marquee projects which offer tremendous growth and potential for investments, according to AP Tourism Secretary Mukesh Kumar Meena.

Chairing a panel discussion on Tourism on the opening day of the three-day CII Partnership Summit here on Saturday, he said that the Special Tourism Zone at Madhurawada and INS Virat aircraft carrier museum in Visakhapatnam, Havelock Bridge in Rajahmundry, Bhavani Island in the midle of Krishna river in Vijayawada, Kakinada Hope Island under Swadesh Darshan scheme in East Godavari district, and Gandikota Fort in Guntur district would be developed with private participation. “The major challenge we identified is availabaility of infrastructure, he stated.

In terms of domestic tourism, Andhra Pradesh is No. 3 in the country after Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. It was mostly religious tourism where people reach places like Tirupati, have darshan and stay for two or three hours before leaving. “It would not contribute to the economy unless and until we increase the length of stay of tourists which can be done by creating the infrastructure and make their stay enjoyable,” Mr. Meena observed.

HolidayIQ founder Hari Nair said there were 700 districts in India and tourism remained neglected with only 10 per cent of the potential tapped. “We have to find ways how to realise the remaining 90 per cent. We have three million followers and one way to do this is to contribute content to HolidayIQ.,” he suggested.

Co-founder and CEO of Zoomcar Greg Moron, CEO of Tourism Business- Rajiv Duggal, Yes Bank Group president Nihil Sahni, and others participated in the discussion chaired by Editor of Live History India – Mini Menon.

Let's block ads! (Why?)