Youth Died due to Electric Shock at Pushkar Ghat

A youth died here on Friday due to electrocution after he came into contact with live electric wires on the banks of river Godavari after taking holy dip on the eve of Maha Sivaratri.



According police, G. Rambabu of Srirangapatnam in Korukonda mandal came to Pushkara Ghat along with his wife and two children early in the
morning and had holy dip.

After taking bath, the family wanted to have darshan of Lord Shiva on the steps of Pushkara Ghat. When Rambabu tried to go inside the
temple, he touched a steel pole which was erected to put `pandiri’ near the entrance of temple. Rambabu and his family suffered electric shock
immediately. 

Rambabu fell down and the other devotees who had finished bath rushed to the spot and put off the main switch to save the lives of Babu’s wife
and two children and called for the ambulance. However, it took more than 20 minutes to reach the spot as there was heavy rush at Pushkara
Ghat at 6 am. Meanwhile, Rambabu died on the way to hospital. 

Read More...